Thursday 26 February 2009

~Snow in Nottingham 2009~

It has been quite a long time since the last update I'd made on this blog. Been really busy lately...trying to finish up some reports (which I've already managed to submit), planning up my future works, read tonnes of journal papers, etc....Few things had happened back then which includes heavy snowfalls in Notts. Although I've experienced the snowing in Notts last year, this time is the heaviest and longest snowfall ever happened in the past 18 years.

Firstly I thought it was fun for having snow to fall everyday and carpeting the ground in white. But after 2-3 days of the heavy snowfall, I started to feel quite difficult to move around. Nak jalan pun dah macam orang baru lepas bersunat....it was very slippery. Public transportation schedule have been badly distrupted (I've to take a taxi for going home from my school after 1 hour waiting for the last bus which didn't come) and most schools and shops have been closed due to snow. Even the early predictions and warnings about the snowfall, people were not expected to have such a heavy snowfall as this time. But everybody seems to be enjoying their snowy days, including me. Gone for picture snapping and snow sledging at the Wollaton Hall, but just for about 1 hours. Really felt cold escpecially after wetting my gloves with snow during sledging.

Here's some pictures taken during the snowy days-the first weeks of the February 2009.

My backyard is carpeting with snow

Wollaton Hall & Park

Good place for snow sledging due to high slope area

Me & Pok Lah

Naim, Me, Shah & Pok Lah

No comments:



Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers